Motorcraft® Lubricants – Vital to Engine Performance
Watch this video to discover the advantages of using Motorcraft lubricants including full synthetic motor oil, for our highest level of performance, helping to ensure the smoothest operation. And learn about the entire line of Motorcraft quality fluids.
How to Get Better Gas Mileage
Proper vehicle maintenance doesn't just help extend the life of your vehicle – it can help you achieve better fuel efficiency. Check out a few tips about how to help boost your mpg and fuel economy.
- Make sure your tires are properly inflated. Making sure your tire pressure isn't too low – or too high – can improve your fuel efficiency by up to 3.3 percent*
- Get the recommended grade of motor oil. Quick Lane® offers high-quality oil and filter products from Motorcraft.® Using the one that's right for your vehicle can help improve fuel efficiency by up to 2 percent
- Get an engine tune-up. Making sure all systems are running right can help improve fuel efficiency by up to 4 percent
Tips that can help boost your gas mileage
- Avoid aggressive driving. Constant speed changes and quick stops and starts waste a lot of fuel. Taking it easy behind the wheel can improve your gas mileage by as much as 33 percent
- Remove excess weight. You can improve fuel efficiency by about 2 percent for every 100 lbs. of weight you remove from your vehicle
- Use cruise control. It's almost always more fuel-efficient to travel at a constant speed
- Avoid idling. It's more fuel-efficient to turn off your engine when you're waiting in your vehicle
- Don't speed. Gas mileage usually decreases rapidly at speeds above 60 mph
Motorcraft® is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company.